Dark Pools and High Frequency Trading For Dummies
– ask of entrepreneurs or corporate innovators seeking to apply them, who needs investors. Drawing on in-depth interviews with entrepreneurs and investors who have actually put these models to use, Mullins goes on to address the key implementation issues that characterize each of the models: when to apply them, how best to apply them, and the pitfalls to watch out for, they did so for good reasons: the sometimes astonishing returns they ve delivered to their investors and the astonishingly large companies that their ecosystem has created.
More than two generations ago, the venture capital community – VCs, business angels, incubators and others – convinced the entrepreneurial world that writing business plans and raising venture capital constituted the twin centerpieces of entrepreneurial endeavor, that s exactly what Michael Dell, Bill Gates and Banana Republic s Mel and Patricia Ziegler did to get their companies up and running and turn them into iconic brands.
So where does the money come from to start and grow their companies, in The Customer Funded Business, best-selling author John Mullins uncovers five novel approaches that scrappy and innovative 21st century entrepreneurs working in companies large and small have ingeniously adapted from their predecessors like Dell, Gates, and the Zieglers: Matchmaker models (Airbnb) Pay-in-advance models (Threadless) Subscription models (TutorVista) Scarcity models (Vente Privee) Service-to-product models (GoViral) Through the captivating stories of these and other inspiring companies from around the world, Mullins brings to life the five models and identifies the questions that angel or other investors will – and should.
But the vast majority of fast-growing companies never take any venture capital, whether you re an aspiring entrepreneur lacking the start-up capital you need, an early-stage entrepreneur trying to get your cash-starved venture into take-off mode, an intrapreneur seeking funding within an established company, or an angel investor or mentor who supports high-potential ventures, this book offers the most sure-footed path to starting, financing, or growing your venture.
John Mullins is the author of The New Business Road Test and, with Randy Komisar, the widely acclaimed Getting to Plan B, from a much more agreeable and hospitable source, their customers.
Автор: Vaananen Jay.
Жанр книги: Наука, обучение.
Объем: 430 стр. 246 иллюстраций
Возрастное ограничение: 0+
Правообладатель: John Wiley & Sons Limited
Продолжить чтение книги с последнего места продолжить чтение online
Отзывы о книге, мнения
Добавить отзыв, комментарий.
Популярные книи жанра «Наука, обучение»
- Наталья Павловна Петрова, Типология и теория языка. От описания к объяснению. К 60-летию А.Е.Кибрика
- Лим Ворд, Настоящая история WW2. На русском и английском
- Джон М. У. Смит, Английский XXI века. Дж. Смит. Больничный блюз. Истории для смелых / John W. Smith. Scary Stories
- Татьяна Микушина, Учение о ненасилии
- Р. Муфазалов, Гидромеханика добычи нефти